Things had calmed down around here after the holidays which was so nice and needed. Kevin started back to school a couple weeks ago and is putting in long hours there. He has the same class load and now is expected to be in outpatient clinic several hours a week to see patients. So we are taking any time we can to spend with each other.
The latest thing though is our dog Gracie. Friday night a friend of mine and I noticed her limping really bad on her back leg. I tried to check it out to see what was wrong (yes, two nurses assessing the situation...believe me Gracie was well checked!). I could tell nothing was wrong with the paw or muscle. I was pretty sure it was her ACL (knee) and sure enough after a visit to the vet that is what it is. Unfortunately the only way to correct this is to have surgery. Kevin and I are so sad that she will have to go through weeks, maybe months, of pain and very strict activity restrictions. We are still researching a couple options for which surgery to do. It will likely be sometime next week. Fortunately our Chiropractor agreed today to check her out and adjust her if needed this weekend while he is at a seminar 5 minutes from our home. We believe that will help her during surgery as well as during the recovery period. We'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
Poor Gracie...I hope she feels better soon:(
Post a Comment