Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Simple Pleasures

A blog I follow posted today about simple pleasures. I thought it was such a neat idea to write down some of life's simple pleasures. With the deep sadness of Haiti, general ick always occurring in the world, watching dear friends struggle, etc. I thought even my spirit could use this to just remind me of God's blessings throughout my day. The little things that make me smile. So here goes!

Spending each day with this little girl! Hearing her giggle, watching her explore, seeing that sweet personality blossom everyday!

Looking up into the sky and seeing a beautiful sunset

Rain showers when the sun is still shining.

Curling up under a blanket (even in FL) and watching tv or a movie with my hubby.

Cooking a good dinner.

I cool breeze on a hot summer night.

A nice dinner out with Kevin.

Butterflies.

Reading bible stories to Ayda and watching her carry her bible around.

Chats with my mom.

Warm brownies with ice cream.

Linery Dinery.

iPray (a mom's bible study)

Wow. I could probably go on and on with my list. Perhaps I'll do a part two, but for now I will rejoice in these simple pleasures. And continue to pray for those that are hurting. Good night!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

I LOVE that Linery Dinery made it! That would definitely be on my list. As would receiving silly picture texts of the Little One when I'm having to head into work!!