Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pictures as requested...

OK so after having a rather humble conversation with someone who will remain nameless...uh, hum Big Brother... I finally learned how to download pictures from my new camera and can post them on the blog now. Apparently our blog is a bit boring so there has been a request to see more pictures of our life. I thought pictures of just Kevin and me would be a bit boring, but my mind has been opened to other options of photos. So I hope you enjoy...in only about 5 months I know all people will want to see is Baby Lin, but until then here is our life! ABOVE, is our apartment front door (requested). Good ole 1002...we really like where we live. It's tucked away and really pretty this time of year...very green!
Kevin and I went to the golf course a few weeks ago for him to get in a round. The deal was if I went I got to drive the cart. No worries only minor damage done to the cart...just kidding. Kevin was a little afraid we were going to go airborne a couple times though. He still played good and learned a new Golf swing from a guy we were playing with. Look out Tiger!


Kevin's birthday was nice and relaxing. We went to my mom's house and celebrated with her and Grandma. Poor Grandma had just had her pacemaker replaced so she was a little more sluggish than usual but when we pulled out the cake she was ready to party! Some family went in together and Kevin was able to buy two pairs of shoes he has been wanting for awhile. I also gave him a "rain check" to go out to our favorite restaurant when I am feeling like I can handle a rather heavy meal! It was a good day for him!

We have truly been blessed with an amazing small group. We love getting together outside our tuesday meeting and Kevin and I love having them over to our place. This past weekend they came over for game night. Kevin put together a Connect Four tournament thing and the winner got a book he had. It was pretty competitive you know! Then we all played Mario Party on the Wii. Lots of fun for all.








Little Gracie...our pride and joy. We had to give little Dixie away because she was having a hard time adjusting to me being married. She was nice to Kevin but would always pee if he approached and she would not let him take her outside. It was extremely sad giving her away but I know with the upcoming events her strong dependence on me was only going to get worse. So Miss Gracie had a rough day Sunday adjusting to being an only child. She was in trouble most of the day but I think she has adjusted now. We did finally break down the cage and she is a free dog when we are gone. We had trained her that when we said "Cage" she was to go get in her cage. So when she is not behaving now we tend to say "Cage" still and the poor thing doesn't know where to go. She is a smart one though...when we say it she crawls under the coffee table till we say she can come out...or we turn our back. She is funny and keeps us on our toes!




And yes...Baby Lin has a bed. Kevin and I went to Babies R Us this past weekend to look at beds and found one we really liked. It happened to be in stock so we brought it on home with us. Then it was just sitting in the box in the guest bedroom and we were dying to see it put together. So to work we went last night doing just that. And the bedding was given to us by some friend's of ours so why not see what it looks like in the bed! I love it!!! The guest bedroom/office/nursery is a little cramped now but we have plenty of time to get it all sorted out and moved! It's a good reminder to me of why I feel so yucky when I look at the sweet bed that our little angel will be in in approx. 5 1/2 months!!!

So there you have it. I nice picture update. From now on I will post more pictures with the blogs! Hope you enjoy!!!
































6 comments:

Allison Lewis said...

I LOVE IT! You finally got pictures up. :-) I've really wanted to see some pics of "your life", but I was too nice to make a big deal about it. Not so for your brother! I'm cracking up that you've already got the baby's crib up...do I sense a touch of nesting? Boy, you're starting even earlier than I did. I love you and hope to see you guys soon.
-al

ksmooth said...

the lawn chair just shows we haven't grown too far from our West Virginia roots...

ksmooth said...

digital camera... really highlights my oddly shaped head.. fyi

Allison Lewis said...

You should listen to your brother more often. He's a brilliant man and should be commended for the work he did on you growing up. And he's humble.

Allison Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh Lewis said...

So, the above comment was supposed to be submitted by anonymous, not Big Al. I guess I should go ahead and put stupid after humble.

--JL